Owens logistics offers warehousing in both the North & South Islands. We provide a comprehensive logistics service specialising in hazardous goods from the manufacturer to warehouse, warehouse to customer.
Our modern facilities are maintained to the highest standards. They are equipped to correctly handle and securely store your goods. Our warehouses are Hazardous Accredited in Auckland and Christchurch and comply with regulations that cater to:
- High value goods
- Entertainment and media
- General media
- Wine and other alcohols
Hazardous Substance Warehousing
Hazardous Substances vs Dangerous Goods
“Dangerous Goods” is the term used for transportation and is covered under the Land Transport Rule: Dangerous Goods 2005. “Hazardous Substances” is the term used once those goods are “on the ground” delivered, or in a warehouse or depot”, then they are covered under the HSNO Act 1996.
Hazardous Substances Storage
Incorrect warehousing of hazardous substances can lead to a penalty up to $500,000 fine and three months imprisonment. In addition you can also be fined under the Health and Safety in Employment Act as one New Zealand company recently was for the incorrect storage of sodium metal.
- If you are not 100% sure that your hazardous substances are stored legally you could unintentionally be breaking the law. Correct storage of hazardous substances is critical to your safety, the safety of those around you, and the environment
- Our purpose built hazardous substances warehouses operating, feature bunkers, enabling us too legally and safely store multiple classes of hazardous substances on one site.
- Our hazardous substances warehouses are available in several locations, saving you time and distribution costs by:
- The ability to have your product in several sites, or cities
- Storing your product closer to your customers
Protect yourself from a hefty fine, save time and money contact our hazardous substances storage experts.