Freman | Owens Freight Management System
What is Freman?
Freman is our fast and easy-to-use online freight management system which allows you to produce and print all transport documents to accompany your freight in just a few clicks. This system has become the first choice for our customers who want easy consignment creation and increased productivity within their operations without the need to install anything.
Freman is regularly updated with new features and improvements to meet your freight management needs.
What are the benefits of using Freman?
Create and print your own consignment documentation
- Consignment notes
- Consignment labels
- Dangerous goods certificates
- Summary manifests
- CHEP report
If you have Java installed on your PC, Freman will remember your default printers to save you time with every consignment created.
Web based Advantages
- Accessible anywhere at anytime
- All you need is a computer with internet access and an existing account with us. Please contact your local branch if you are a regular customer and want to set up a login
- Easily despatch freight from multiple computers
- No installation required on your network
- Maintain and upgrade your own systems without needing to migrate databases, re-install software on every machine or manage regular database backups
Accurate & more efficient despatching process
- No more hand-writing of consignment notes, resulting in fewer errors due to misreading handwriting or data entry. No longer needing to file paper copies
- Save and retrieve products, dangerous goods, receiver addresses, and account information on-the-go during consignment entry
Let your system ‘talk’ to ours via EDI Interfacing
- Freman has an EDI interface which allows our customers to directly import consignment details from third party ERP systems
- The EDI interface allows you to automatically import your consignment note details from your ERP system so you only need to click print
- Save time in your despatch process by giving your team more time to continue on with other tasks instead of re-entering consignment information into multiple systems
Automated Pickup jobs
Your consignment details can be set up to be electronically uploaded into our network via FremanWeb when you print your consignment notes. We can be automatically notified when your freight is ready to be picked up. This auto-pickup process can save you time by eliminating the need to phone or email a pickup request to our team
Keep track of your important consignments
- Notify your customers or be notified when your consignment is despatched, on the way or delivered to your customer via automatic notifications
- Save notifications against a specific consignment note, or set it up to always send a notification when freight is despatched to a specific receiver.
- P.O.D online –Proof of Delivery links are available for all delivered consignments making it easy for your customer service or despatch teams.
- Use your own order numbers or packing slip references as your consignment note numbers to make tracking your freight even easier
Hire Equipment Management
Manage your hire equipment accounts such as CHEP or Loscam pallets, keeping your costs under control and automatically transferring pallets off your account.
Get a quote and manage your costs
The system can quickly and easily produce a quote to send your freight from A to B. All you need is the destination, number of items, total cubic metres and weight to obtain a quote. You can then print or email a copy of your quotes to send to your customer. This can be saved as a PDF file to rationalise your invoice
Help is just a click away
Remote support is built into the Help menu without the need for an on-site visit.
If you need a quick tip or refresher, help is available through our user manuals and help text on every page.
Can I import my list of customers into Freman?
If we want to send our freight but charge one of our other branches for the shipment, can we select the other branch's charge code in Freman?
How do I update my charge/sender code?
I have selected my printers however the 'Change Printer' settings box is not closing, what should I do?
What size is the thermal label stock?
What type of thermal printer is compatible with Freman?
Why do I need to print out labels for our freight?
I'm always having to tick/un-tick the printing options for every consignment and change the number of copies I want to print. Can I set these by default?
Can I print multiple labels on a single A4 sheet?
A Java pop up shows every time I print, how do I stop it from happening?
What version of Java do I need to print in Freman?
I've just updated my Java and Freman is telling me to "Install and Update my Java plugin"
To check if you have multiple versions of Java installed follow these instructions
go to START --> CONTROL PANEL --> PROGRAMS AND FEATURES --> ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS.
If you have multiple versions delete the oldest versions in the list.